- 10 AM – Registration Starts, Arrive Early
- 10 AM to 3 PM – Vendors
- 12 PM – Lock & Paddle!
Last year we were able to completely fill both tubs to the brim with 328 canoes and kayaks. This year our goal is to lock through as many paddlecraft as we can. The main event will begin at 12 PM but plan to arrive early to be registered and visit our on-site vendors.
To participate in this year’s Lock & Paddle, you will need to register on site beginning at 10 AM. There will be two locations to register, one at the McFarlane Street Bridge parking lot and another on the west, bottom side of the Peterborough Lift Lock past the vendors. While we are aiming to make this an inclusive event, to guarantee participation be sure to arrive early. We encourage paddlers, if possible, to register at the top side location and paddle in from there. For those with accessibility concerns, please register at the bottom side location.
IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE YOU MUST WEAR YOUR PFD AND COLOURED WRISTBAND. Without these items you WILL NOT be permitted to enter the tubs.
Where to go
Lock & Paddle is bigger and better this year, with more to do and see on site. Check out the site map to find out where to go, whether you’re a paddler or visitor.
Need to find a place to park? There are many options close by to the Peterborough Lift Lock.
- Trent-Severn Waterway Headquarters – 2155 Ashburnham Drive, Peterborough
- Eastgate Memorial Park – 2150 Ashburnham Drive, Peterborough
- Beavermead Campground – 2011 Ashburnham Drive, Peterborough
- Rogers Cove – 131 Maria Street, Peterborough
IMPORTANT: There will be no parking available at the Peterborough Lift Lock or Peterborough Lift Lock Visitor Centre. A paddlecraft drop off option is available at the Peterborough Lift Lock Visitor Centre.
Our goal is to have as many paddlers as possible at this event, so it’s important to know your best options to get your canoe or kayak into the water and on the way to the Peterborough Lift Lock. It is recommended that avid paddlers plan to paddle to the Peterborough Lift Lock from one of the first four options in order to allow those with less experience or accessibility concerns the ability to enter the waterway at the Visitor Centre.
NOTE: When paddling to Lock 20 – Ashburnham allow an extra 45-60 minutes to transfer and paddle to the Lock 21 – Peterborough Lift Lock.
- Warsaw Swing Bridge – Parkhill Road E and Canal Road, Peterborough – 20 Minute Paddle to Peterborough Lift Lock.
- McFarlane Bridge – McFarlane Street and Ashburnham Drive, Peterborough – 10 Minute Paddle to Peterborough Lift Lock.
- Top Side Registration – Drop Off Only
- Trent-Severn Waterway Headquarters – 2155 Ashburnham Drive, Peterborough – Launch at the top, west side of Lock 20 – Ashburnham
- Beavermead Campground – 2011 Ashburnham Drive, Peterborough – 5 Minute Paddle to Lock 20
- Rogers Cove – 131 Maria Street, Peterborough – 5 Minute Paddle to Lock 20
- Millennium Park – 130 King Street, Peterborough – 20 Minute Paddle to Lock 20
- Del Crary Park – 100 George Street, Peterborough – 35 Minute Paddle to Lock 20
- Peterborough Lift Lock Visitor Centre – 353 Hunter Street East, Peterborough
- Bottom Side Registration – Drop Off Only