A Question of Care
This three-part interactive and engaging workshop series will provide information and practical skills to anyone in a position of supporting at-risk youth. Participants will gain an understanding of strength-based, trauma-informed, and youth-centered approaches with regards to youth substance use and the law. Additionally, the second session of this workshop series will contain a short presentation and Q&A with a Community Service Officer from the Peterborough Police.
– To learn how to assess if a youth may be at-risk of developing a dependence on drug use.
– To gain information on different substances and the risks associated with use.
– To gain an understanding of support and interventions for youth who are in active substance use.
– To discuss strategies and supports for helping prevent youth from becoming involved with the law.
– To learn about the Youth Criminal Justice Act and its purpose to help our youth.
– To gain an understanding of what it looks like once a youth has been arrested.
– To gain an understanding of when and how to approach youth.
– To gain skills that help us build a positive and caring connection with youth.
– To learn what your role can look like when supporting a youth.
Tuesdays, September 14, 21, and 28, 2021
6:00-8:00 PM EST
The QoC Project Lead at 705-927-3448 or email@example.com.