A Question of Care
FREE for residents of Peterborough City and County.
This three-part interactive and engaging workshop series will build the capacity of friends and family members to help understand drinking beyond Canada’s Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines and/or alcohol dependency, and how best to support their loved one(s). This course will build an understanding of alcohol use beyond the daily recommended limits, understanding addiction, and strategies for supporting a loved one.
– Gain an understanding of the continuum of alcohol use and low-risk drinking guidelines.
– Develop an understanding of why individuals may use alcohol.
– Develop learning around how individuals make changes through the Stages of Change model.
– Learn how to set and maintain healthy boundaries.
– Develop ways to communicate to your loved one in an open, non-judgmental communication style.
– Learn about resources in Ontario that can provide support to your loved one.
Thursdays, October 7, 14, and 21
5:30-7:30 PM EST
The QoC Project Lead at 705-927-3448 or email@example.com.