The SPARK Photo Festival returns for September 2021!
The SPARK Photo Festival is a celebration of photography, and the artists, dreamers, innovators, storytellers, professionals and enthusiasts behind the camera lens. Photography exhibits will appear in locations around the region in galleries, public spaces and outdoors for the month. All exhibits are free to view.
Check sparkphotofestival.org for up-to-date details of the more than 25 Exhibits and our new, downloadable Digital Catalogue.
List of Exhibits can be found at sparkpsparkphotofestival.org/exhibits
2021 Festival Highlights:
– Over 25 exhibits in Peterborough, City of Kawartha Lakes and Northumberland County
– Hundreds of images from around the region and around the world will grace the walls of shops, restaurants, the mall, galleries and the library and some will be outdoors and in windows for all to see
– Exhibitors are primarily photographers from the region; others from the GTA; all are Ontario residents
– Showcase Exhibit marking the 20th anniversary of Peterborough’s Dragon Boat Festival featuring with hundreds of images from six volunteer event photographers, curated by co-founder and past SPARK Festival Director Robert Boudreau – the showcase will be exhibited at Peterborough Square in the lower level
– Two Themed Juried Exhibits – each exhibits the top 25 images as selected by the juries from entries from photographers from across Ontario for our themed competition
– 2020’s Motion will be exhibited with the Showcase in Peterborough Square and – 2021’s Nourish: To Eat, To Drink, To Enjoy is an outdoor exhibit on George Street in downtown Peterborough (Venture North parking lot fence)
The top 4 images are awarded cash prizes; Motion winners were announced on Global in 2020, and the winners of Nourish will be announced on September 1 via livestream on social.