Proudly sponsored by 101.5 The Wolf, Global Peterborough and 100.5 Fresh Radio.
As the season approaches and a difficult winter of planning ends, the Peterborough Lakers want to update their fans on this years arrangements as a follow-up to the ticket details released last week.
Home Opener Updates:
- The home opener is at the PMC on May 30 against the Brampton Excelsiors. Seats for 2018 season ticket holders will be reserved, as usual, until Tuesday April 30, after which, those seats not claimed will be opened to the public for sale. 2018 season ticket holders can arrange their home opener tickets starting Monday April 1 online, by phone or by attending the PMC box office. The 2018 Mann Cup banner will be raised during opening ceremonies.
Evinrude Centre Updates:
- The City and Lakers are setting up air conditioning in the arena for June through August.
- After the home opener on May 30, the Lakers’ carpet will be laid at the Evinrude for the season. The Evinrude floor is 10 feet longer than the PMC floor, therefore two five foot pieces are being created to ensure complete coverage of the floor. The additions will be used at the ends of the arena, therefore creating five more feet of space behind the nets.
- All tickets sold for each game will have assigned seating or assigned standing room.
- There is a limited amount of accessible seating.
- The Banquet room will have the game streamed on a large screen. The room will be licensed and food will also be available. There will be seating and standing room available in the banquet room. It is estimated that there will be a combined capacity of 575 people for the banquet hall.
- Both the arena bowl and the Leon’s waiting area on the second floor will be licensed.
- Merchandise, programs and 50-50 tickets will be available at the arena.
- All tickets are being sold through the PMC box office and with expected demand and limited capacity we do not expect any walk up seating to be available.
The Lakers have attempted to maximize the number of seats available. Fire codes and building size have restricted some of the ideas put forth.
However, some of our major sponsors have given up or reduced their tickets so that season ticket holders and other fans will have the opportunity to buy game day tickets and we thank them profusely for this.
Our community-minded sponsors care as much about the fans as they do for the Lakers’ organization themselves and many continue to offer their full support to the team during this difficult season.
Members of the executive and volunteers are also giving up their seats for fans too.
With about 2400 regular seasons tickets and only a fraction of the capacity there was no efficient system to ensure season ticket holders would all get a fair opportunity to attend a particular game. We explored a number of different ticket scenarios in an effort to keep as many people as possible happy and at the games. For a volunteer-run organization, a first come, first serve basis was the easiest and fairest way to decide who gets tickets to each game. The inconvenience and extra effort is the price we are all paying for the decision that moved us out of the PMC. As we get closer to the season we will continue to tweak our operations, listen to our fans’ suggestions and make every attempt to improve the experience for them.
LAKERS AND CITY RELEASE HOME OPENER AND REGULAR SEASON TICKET PRICING AND ARRANGEMENTS
The following information about the 2019 Peterborough Lakers season is released by the City of Peterborough and the Peterborough Lakers.
Home Opener: Thursday May 30th at the PMC
Tickets, for this game, will go on sale for our regular season ticket holders on Monday April 1st at 9:30AM over the phone and in person at the Baker Tilly Box Office at the PMC. Season ticket holders have until close of business on Tuesday April 30th to guarantee their seats for this game. Unclaimed seats will be released to the public for sale. Contract cards or photo ID are required to purchase seats.
Tickets, for the home opener, will go on sale to the public on Monday May 6th online at http://www.tickets.memorialcentre.ca, over the phone at 705-743-3561 and in person at the Baker Tilly Box Office at the PMC at the same prices as last season.
|Home Opener Pricing|
|Price Type||Regular Bowl Price||Club Price|
Regular Season Games 2 to 9 at the Evinrude Centre
A limited number of assigned stadium seats will be available for purchase, as well as assigned standing room tickets behind the stadium seats. Tickets will also be available for a Viewing Party each week, which is being held in the Evinrude Centre’s Banquet Hall.
Tickets will go on sale to the public on the Monday of the week of each game online atwww.tickets.memorialcentre.ca, over the phone at 705-743-3561 and in person at the Baker Tilly Box Office at the PMC. There will be a limit of 4 tickets per person per game, and there are no reserved seats for season ticket holders. To purchase accessible seats, please call or come in to the Baker Tilly Box Office at the PMC.
|Banquet Hall – game will be live streamed||$5.00|
As of April 1st at 9:30AM, major sponsors who have confirmed their sponsorship with the Lakers can call or come to the Baker Tilly Box Office at the PMC to secure their seats for the Home Opener and the remainder of the regular season. Major sponsors will have until close of business on Tuesday April 30th to guarantee their seats. Unclaimed tickets will be released to the public for sale. Paid sponsorship letters/invoices from the Lakers are required to select seats.
Game Day Details at the Evinrude Centre
Children will not be permitted to access the floor during intermissions. Other game day details, such as parking accommodations, will be available closer to start of the regular season.
Home Game Schedule
|Thursday May 30 at 8:00PM
NOTE: at the PMC
|Thursday June 6 at 8:00PM||Brooklin Redmen|
|Thursday June 13 at 8:00PM||Cobourg Kodiaks|
|Thursday June 20 at 8:00PM||Brampton Excelsiors|
|Thursday June 27 at 8:00PM||Cobourg Kodiaks|
|Thursday July 4 at 8:00PM||Six Nations Chiefs|
|Thursday July 18 at 8:00PM||Oakville Rock|
|Thursday July 25 at 8:00PM||Six Nations Chiefs|
|Thursday August 1 at 8:00PM||Oakville Rock|
Please contact: Lakers Communications Director Brian Cowie for further information at 705-760-0949